Experience & Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent mortgage lending underwriting experience
• Proven organizational & customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication & math skills
• Experience with loan origination software, Fannie Mae DU, Microsoft Word and Excel programs required
• Strong knowledge of lending and underwriting policies and procedures for both secondary market and portfolio guidelines
Specific Job Functions:
• May meet with customers to answer rate inquiries and to assist customers in consumer and mortgage financing.
• Works closely with loan processor and in-house mortgage originator to ensure compliance regulations are met and timely processing and closing of loan transactions.
• Reviews files for all necessary forms and information according to secondary market and portfolio loan guidelines.
• Evaluate first and second mortgage loan files in order to make approval/denial recommendations and or decisions.
• Keeps informed of current underwriting practices and assists in updating underwriting policies.
• Responsible for audit of loan files prior to and after funding is obtained.
• Prepares records and reports as requested regarding loan file activity
• Maintains knowledge of department policies and procedures through internal and external training activities
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It is expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and, therefore, required.
For more information, please call (508) 820-4000. Send your resume and your Application for Employment to:
Human Resources Department
160 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701
Fax to: 508-532-8379 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want our Bank to be diverse, where employees and customers feel comfortable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.