Experience & Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business development experience
• Must meet licensing requirements of NMLS
• Sufficient computer skills to work with mortgage origination software
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Good understanding of lending compliance procedures, laws and regulations
• Proficiency with loan origination software, Fannie Mae DU, Microsoft Word and Excel programs
• Needs to be self-motivated, analyze situations and set priorities
Specific Job Functions:
• Primary duty is to engage in sales outside and away from any Bank or other office. Expected to customarily and regularly hold outside meetings with potential borrowers and referral sources
• Attracts new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community
• Meets with clients, reviews financial documents and communicates with the borrowers regarding their choices of interest rates and loan terms
• Takes, prepares and provides complete mortgage loan applications from prospective borrowers, including all necessary documentation for presentation to the processing area
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of all loan and deposit products in order to provide the best options to customers based on the circumstances
• Maintains a professional appearance and attitude when representing the Bank and available for customers on nights and weekends
• Develops relationships to solicit new business and expand the business of current customers by selling the Bank’s full line of financial products
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
• Completes all required federal and state training regarding mortgage lending
• Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities include identifying suspicious activity, reporting suspicious activity to the BSA Officer, monitoring high-risk loans, helping to identify high-risk customers, adhering to the Customer Identification Program (CIP) Policy and completes annual BSA training
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It is expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore, required.
We want our Bank to be diverse, where employees and customers feel comfortable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply for this position, or to explore other career opportunities at MutualOne Bank.