As of June 30, 2023, we will no longer be offering Popmoney to customers through Online Banking. If you are using the service, here are a few things you may want to do before the end of June:
- Inform anyone planning on sending a payment through Popmoney
If you regularly receive payments from friends or family members through Popmoney, be sure to tell them you will no longer be able to receive money through the service.
- Cancel all scheduled payments after June 30
Payments leading up to, and on June 30, will be sent as scheduled. Payments after that date will not be completed. Consider using Online Bill Payment to schedule payments by check or utilizing a service such as Venmo.
- Download your Popmoney transaction history
Through the Popmoney section of Online Banking, you can print or download your transaction history as a .xls or .csv file.
Customers who continue to need the ability to send money directly may consider the popular money-sharing service, Venmo. While MutualOne Bank does not endorse or provide technical support for the service, we do want to share these tips to ensure you utilize the service as safely as possible.
Venmo uses Plaid to verify ownership and provide instant access to your account. To connect your account through Plaid you will need to provide your Online Banking User ID and Password. You can also choose to verify your account manually using the routing and account number, but this will take a few days to complete.
Once you are signed up, we recommend the following to protect your privacy and secure your transactions:
- Enable Face ID and PIN for login.
- Add your mobile number to your account.
- Enable email, text and/or push notifications to help you keep track of logins and transactions.
- Add a profile picture and customize your account URL to make yourself easily identifiable.
- Venmo’s default setting is to allow anyone on the internet to see limited details about your transactions including recipient, amount, and comments. You can hide this information by setting your privacy to “Private.”
When sending money, you will be given the opportunity to provide the last four digits of their cellphone. While you can skip this step, we don’t suggest doing so as this is an easy and effective way to ensure you are sending money to the correct person.
If you have any questions about Popmoney or your account, please call our Client Service Center at (508) 820-4000.